Calligraphically designed small lampshades (for wine glasses)
No previous knowledge necessary
This Saturday is the ideal time to immerse yourself in the art of calligraphy and experience it firsthand. But there’s more: killing two birds with one stone! You will make your own small lampshades with your calligraphic skills. In doing so, you strike a chord with the current age. Handmade, filled with invested time and creative expression. These unique pieces are precious Christmas gifts, the perfect gift for the upcoming festive season.
Calligraphy is an art that inspires enthusiasm in this digital world. I give beginners an impressive taste of it on this day. Encounter the two traditional calligraphic scripts to choose from: Anglaise and Unicial. They are written with two different nibs, the pointed and broad nib. Get to know them. The basis of each script will be practiced. I will give each of you individual instructions. The important thing is to learn the basics, the processes, so that you can continue to practice at home and want to do so. For those who are experienced, we will turn to gestural writing, where individual expressive writing becomes visible. This will come out well on the lampshades. Or with your preferred scripts that you have already mastered.
You will cut the lampshades to size. The surface will be worked on according to your own ideas, using your new calligraphic skills. With a few colourful accents, the designs will look even more impressive. These little lampshades, put over a wine glass, are charming table decorations, true little jewels. They are personal original gifts. And what is especially precious about them is that they are coming from the heart. And how the festive table can be further enchanted, I will give you a wink.
Course leader: Hanna Biedermann
Contact: Phone: 061 322 5636 / Mobile: 079 311 72 61 / E-Mail: email@example.com
For more information about me and my variety of calligraphy courses, please visit my website: www.kalligraphie-hb.ch
The key facts for this course:
- Date: Saturday, 25 November 2023, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Location: 4057 Basel
- No previous experience necessary.
- Course fee: CHF 230.00 including ink, penholder, 2 nibs, writing templates.
- The course takes place with a minimum of 4 participants, maximum 8 participants.
- Registration: by 10 November 2023 at the latest via the registration form on my website:
Please read the cancellation policy.
- At the same time, I kindly ask you for a deposit of CHF 50.00. Certainly, if the course does not take place, the amount will be refunded. After receipt of the deposit you will receive a confirmation of registration.
- Lunch: self-catering. Coffee, tea and mineral water will be offered by me.