9:00 am – 5:00 pm
No previous knowledge needed
Topic: The Uncial
It will be a different kind of Saturday program. Nostalgia meets modernity, back to writing with pen and ink, being completely at one’s eases, while slowly drawing the lines and shapes. In the inner peace, the new script unfolds. The uncial is a classic, appealing and timeless script from the 5th/6th century. It is an ideal introduction to calligraphy for beginners. The uncial is written with the broad pen, and we’ll practice how to use it. The alphabet consists only of capital letters, which makes learning this script much easier. It has a round and broad typeface that requires a lot of space. The font offers many design possibilities and a lot of options for experiments, with classical and with modern variations emphasized with colorful elements. Those who have learned the Anglaise in a recent course and would like to refine it, together with decorative designs, have the opportunity to do so.
- Beginners first learn how to use the broad pen.
- Learning the uncial alphabet.
- Short text designs, with different width nibs.
- The focus will be on the layout and how the texts are integrated.
- Text with contrasting color on dark paper.
- Decorative and contrasting lettering.
- Colored brush strokes and accents as backgrounds combined with lettering.
- Create a special card for Mother’s Day or another occasion.
Course leader: Hanna Biedermann
Contact: Tel: 061 322 56 36 / Mobile: 079 311 72 61 / E-Mail: email@example.com
The most important information for this course:
- Date: Saturday, 7 May 2022, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Location: Atelier Otto, Dorfstrasse 53, 8800 Thalwil/ZH
Thalwil train station is close by. Free parking in the parallel street.
- No previous knowledge necessary.
- Course fee: CHF 250.00.- incl. ink, penholder, 2 nibs, handouts.
- The course takes place with a minimum of 5 participants, maximum 10 participants.
- Registration: by 25 April 2022 at the latest via the registration form on my website: kalligraphie-hb.ch
- Lunch: self-catering, coffee and tea on site for a small fee.