Topic: Humanistic Italics / Experimental Expression
Saturday, March 13, 2021, 9.00 am – 6.00 pm. – Sunday, March 14, 2021 09.00 am – 4:00 pm
No previous knowledge required
The Humanist Italic is an elegant, historical typeface from the 16th century. The typeface is an excellent introduction to calligraphy. It is an ideal base for other typefaces. We will write the Humanist Italic with the pointed nib. The individual letters of the alphabet will be practiced, they provide the basis for the numerous possibilities of variation. The experimental part will follow on the 2nd day of the course, when we will immerse ourselves in creative design. Impressive through black and white designs. Balsa wood is used to create sweeping forms in which the texts of the Humanistic Italics are gracefully integrated. Slowly one becomes more and more courageous, fantastic individual results are created.
Course leader: Hanna Biedermann
Phone: 061 322 56 36/ Mobile: 079 311 72 61
- Course costs: CHF 380.00 including variety of writing templates, 2 nibs & holder, balsa wood (ink can be purchased from me).
- To bring: a short material list will follow after the registration
- Bring your own lunch. Mineral water, coffee and tea available on site for a small fee.
- Application deadline: February 27, 2021, at the latest, via the application form on my website.
- The course takes place with at least 6 participants, maximum 8 participants
The protective measures ordered by the federal government are guaranteed in the classroom