Introduction of Copper Engraver Fracture (Merian-Fracture Script)
No previous knowledge necessary
Begin: Friday, September 18, 2020, 4:00pm
End: Sunday, September 20, 2020, 4:00pm
This time we are heading to the mountains. I am very delighted to offer an inspiring weekend workshop in the Benedict Monastery Engelberg, OW. The wonderful baroque premises are embedded in a picturesque mountainous landscape. This year is the celebration of the 900th anniversary of the monastery. Another reason to enjoy and appreciate our stay there even more. The monastery is a place of silence. Let your soul dangle. Do some self-reflection and recharge your batteries in these busy times. Here we will find excellent requirements for devoting ourselves to calligraphy in peace and quiet. There is much new and exciting to discover in the monastery complex.
The copper engraver’s fracture is a delicate, ornate typeface that exudes dignity and seriousness. The character of the font is given a particular elegance and impressive depth effect by the addition of golden color or in combination with another color.
- Beginners first learn how to use the pointed pen.
- Followed by the first exercises, we will start with the alphabet of the copper engraver fracture font with a pointed nib.
- Ornamentation will enhance the writing even more, especially with golden color.
- Writing initials with a broad nib.
- Short text designed on handmade paper.
- Text designed with a contrast color on dark paper.
Course leader: Hanna Biedermann
Contact Details: Phone: 061 322 56 36 / Mobile: 079 311 72 61 / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Course costs: CHF 420.00.- including materials
Full board & lodging in the monastery, incl. conference room rental: CHF 375.00
- Discount: If you book two of my offered weekend courses in the same calendar year, you will receive a reduction of CHF 30.00 for the 2nd The same applies to couples or two friends who are booking a course together.
- The workshop will take place starting with 6 participants, maximum 10 participants.
- Registration latest by August 16, 2020 via the registration form on my website.
To secure your spot, register early.
- For impressions of the monastery: https://www.kloster-engelberg.ch/