Inspirations from Nature – Creative Expression and Writing
Begin: Saturday, June 27, 2020, 8:45 am
End: Sunday, June 28, 2020, 4:00 pm
No previous knowledge necessary
The Benedictine monastery of Mariastein is the most famous place of pilgrimage in northwest Switzerland. It is a place of positive energy and helps you to recharge your batteries. The retreat into this quiet, peaceful environment is very pleasant and just perfect for calligraphy.
The colors of summer are a source of inspirations which will be reflected in your calligraphic designs.
- Painted backgrounds with calligraphic writing.
- Inspirations from nature: Fir cones, tree barks, blades of grass, stones. All have their unique structures and forms which you will bring to paper with creative writing.
- Simple shapes of plants executed with the pen, with matching texts. It will be written with a free, modern script and those with previous knowledge will have the choice between modern and traditional calligraphic writing.
- Introduction to modern calligraphic writing
And off we go with colors, inks, pens and brushes!
Course leader: Hanna Biedermann
Contact Details: Phone 061 322 5636 / Mobile 079 311 72 61 / E-mail: email@example.com
Course fees: CHF 380.00.-
including penholder, nib and ink, course materials
Full board in the monastery: CHF 170.00
- Note: Due to the price increase of the monastery the costs were raised accordingly.
- Discount: If you book two of my offered weekend courses in the same calendar year, you will receive a reduction of CHF 30.00 for the 2nd The same applies to couples or two friends who are booking a course together.
- The workshop will take place starting with 5 participants, maximum 12 participants.
- Sign up: Latest by June 15, 2020, with the registration form on my website.To secure your spot, register early.
For impressions of the monastery: http://www.kloster-mariastein.ch